Deadliest Catch

Gaerek

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Anyone a fan of the show "Deadliest Catch?" If so, you might be interested in this photo.

825233200_n7Ckh-XL.jpg

Not a terribly great photo, but I was rushed and the conditions were pretty bad for shooting at the time. This is the Maverick, they were in the first couple seasons of Deadliest Catch. They're probably here to be a tender for the Herring Fishery going on here right now. I've also saw the Time Bandit here for Herring about 5 years ago, and the Northwestern was here all summer in 2007 to tender for Pink Salmon. Unfortunately, both of those boats were here before I had gotten back into photography.

Hello Gaerek

From the show, I thought those boats were larger...I can see how the waves toss them around.

BTW:
How come you did not sacrifice yourself for us and jump in the water for a really coooool shot??? ;)

They all vary in size pretty greatly. Maverick is one of the smaller vessels that you'll see anymore since they went from Derby style fishing to quota. Maverick is 92 feet, whereas the Time Bandit is 113 feet, the Northwesters in 125 feet, the Cornelia Marie is 128 feet and the Wizard is one of the largest (if not the largest) ship in the fleet at 150 feet.

I wanted to get closer, but I was as close as I could get without trespassing. They're docked at a processing plant. I didn't feel like getting arrested. :)

awesome! I'd love to see one of those boats in person! Such a crazy job/show!

Not much of a thread without the pic:ambivalence:

It's a 5 year old thread, guys... lol

So? We want to know how it ended :biglaugh:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back