death and injury

skieur

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have been up north, beyond cell phone coverage, where small towns and gas stations are few and far between and the sun sets at 10:30 pm.

As indicated by the sign, even the trails here are of a different sort.. all rock...no railings, very steep in some areas, and slanted down into the water which is quite deep. Needless to say, no room for a tripod and trying to set one up in some areas could lead to your demise. Trying to balance on a slanted section of rock, while looking up at a rock face carrying too much equipment would also be rather fatal too. Slippery rocks and waves, along with losing your balance are the main dangers.

An interesting and challenging trail which I took, of course, but with an 18mm to 50mm macro only and I shot handheld to get what I wanted.

skieur

deathandinjury.jpg

Ah, but since you're back to report, you obviously survived the experience, and now I'm curious to see in photos what you saw. Care to share?

Part of the interesting overhead on the trail.

skieur

rockfall.jpg

Some of the potentially slippery angled rock. The pictographs were above on the rock face. The challenge was that you needed to step back to look up the rock face.

skieur

pictographface.jpg

Check out the work of Galen Rowell if you're not already familiar with it. (1940 – 2002)

Most reactions

Back