Death Defying Shot!

Garrentee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Climed down into this canyon...used that tree to get to the outcropped rock...set up the tripod on a 4X4 rock and tried not to fall off the backside 20ft into the canyon.

Guess I'd like to know how all aspects of this shot hold up?

may07130_1_2frame.jpg

Thanks
garren

And while you were defying death you couldn't move that little log out of the way? LOL.

I like the look of the water. I'd maybe crop out the bridge.

Nice details. What are the technicals on this shot? Another one for voting on cropping the bridge out. I think the image would improve without it. The exposure seems possibly a bit long as the water seems too 'dreamy' to me. Personal choice, I know and it is just my opinion. Looks like a pretty place.

This shot has all kinds of good things going on with it. The bridge is awkward (IMO).

Love the way the water looks.

I kinda like the bridge, shows that he is risking falling since he is off the path allotted for him. ;)

I really like the shot when you scroll the page down to omit the bridge so I would have to agree crop the bridge..

Jon k...lol!! More of a title than really risking my life...would have been more of a cold jolt if I had fallen in rather then death...thanks

crownlaurel...I did my best to move that log, but it just wouldnt budge..maybe it was the fact that it weighed 500+ pounds..lol...thanks

digital diva...thanks..tech data is 2 second shutter, iso 200, at f22...it was mid afternoon so I had to really open up the lens to slow down the shutter...

abraxas...appreciate the nice comments!!

miss V...thank you very much..it was def. a pain in the butt to get down there, came down on the right side through some brush and down a mudslide, thenhad to find a way to cross the river which caused me to dunk my whole right shoe into the river! As you can see it wasnt fun getting out either.

Drogers...thank you,

ok now to the bridge...I agree about it. I will crop it out and repost soon...thanks again all!!

Yeah nice shot, always like the running water shots. Im undecided on the bridge to if it works or not. Ive just tried cropping the bridge out and its better but that rock in the fore ground then takes over the pic, i think??

I dont know just thought id see.. nice shot anyways

may07130_1_2frame.jpg

I like the crop, nice shot.

Crop looks good. Looks more like he just stumbled (no pun intended) on it in the woods. ;)

Great shot! Did you use a neutral density filter to get the water to look like that?

wow!!...well ive made my crop and here it is

may07130_1_2crop.jpg

thanks for the comments goldeeno, rkw3, and irminsul!!

martins...you have to have a slow shutter speed took get the water to look blurred this way...put the camera in manual and open up the apperture and the shutter speed will be slow, good luck and hope to see some of your try's...

whatda think of the crop?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back