Death of film?

Dixons, Currys, Argos and PC World are all owned by the same company so...
I don't mind film going the same way as thatching. Just means that our skills will become even more precious and important in a few decades when people re-discover film.
They said the CD would kill vinyl and transistors, the valve. Hasn't happened.

Apart from the big names like Kodak, Fuji etc, does anyone know the names of the companies that makes film and/or who have commited to continue making film regardless of a huge market?

Dan

Not sure about color. But there are a few small B&W companies that sell in the US. Freestyle (use link) and jandcphoto.com are places I have found in the US with a section of these companies. As for there committed who know?

I have used Efke 25 a lot with good results. It’s made in Croatian and sold by jandcphoto.com in the US. Efke films uses the old prewar Adox emulsions. I have also used some Macophot films. They have a full line of b&w films and are available thru Freestyle. Also they are the manufacture for Rollei R3 film.

Great!! Thanks Jeff. :thumbup:

The fact that traditional B&W is still around after C-41 films like T400 were developed.

LWW

35mm film was the first thing Dixons sold as well.

I heard someone saying that if you're a fil;m photographer and get a good picture that would have a demand if sold then go, get 10 prints of it and store them away. In a few years they will be very valuable.

Film, per se, in the 35mm format is in decline. Even Kodak announced it was halting its production of B&W film. I do believe it will be many years before film finally goes the way of the horse and buggy. I also believe film will be available for the medium and large formats for many more years even after 35mm becomes extinct.

i shot film for about 3 months but it was such hassle and money, iv shot digital for about 2 years but as soon as i have access to the darkrooms at collage i will whip out the old 35mm camera again :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back