What's new

Death Valley in November

polymoog

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Aug 31, 2008
Messages
1,283
Reaction score
3
Location
Meercat Manor
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Please forgive my humble efforts, I'm not much of a landscape photographer but I was on holiday in the USA last november and I really loved Death Valley.

These shots were taken with my Sigma 17-70 2.8-4.5 (camera = Pentax *ist DL) and any advice, C&C always welcome :-) E.g. - is this a good lens for landscape, I presume wide angle is better but is this wide enough?

1.
deth005.jpg


2.
deth006.jpg


3.
deth007.jpg


4.
deth013.jpg


5.
deth016.jpg


6.
deth017.jpg


7.
deth018.jpg


8.
deth020.jpg
 
Very nice. How cool, you did the hike!
 
Yes, Golden Canyon Trail, have you been there? I went wrong going to the Red Cathedral turnoff, I turned off an another, pointless side trail for about half an hour haha
doh.gif
 
Yes, Golden Canyon Trail, have you been there? I went wrong going to the Red Cathedral turnoff, I turned off an another, pointless side trail for about half an hour haha
doh.gif

Ok, I see. It looks like you went up the trail back toward Zabrieski Point. I've done the hike from Zabreiski down to Golden Canyon and the Golden Canyon back to Red Cathedral a couple times. The Cathedral Trail can be a bit of a trick to find. Looks like you made the best of it.

Did you check out the weird crystals growing in between the layers of rock in #4? Looks like glue holding the rock together that's coming apart.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom