What's new

Death Valley

pic_chick

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 27, 2012
Messages
357
Reaction score
47
Location
new orleans
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$Deathvalley2010-4.webp

CC please
 
The sunlight in the frame ruined the metering. The foreground is quite underexposed. It needs more exposure or some supplemental light (flash or reflected light). As it is now the eye is drawn to the overpowering ball of light in the corner instead of the subject.
 
Better, yes. Still the mountains and the valley are too much the same tone and tend to blend together. More contrast is needed between cloud (I guess that's a cloud ?), valley, and mountain in my opinion. But I like the composition and getting rid of the sun in the shot improved it very much.
 
that is a salt flat in the valley. Thanks I will fiddle with it more.
 
Better, yes. Still the mountains and the valley are too much the same tone and tend to blend together. More contrast is needed between cloud (I guess that's a cloud ?), valley, and mountain in my opinion. But I like the composition and getting rid of the sun in the shot improved it very much.

Agreed. I think the composition is much better that way. If you can increase the light on the man in the left it will look a lot better, he is still quite underexposed and the shot lacks overall contrast and looks washed-out.
 
thanks guys I will repost it after I get a bit more learning in Photoshop
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom