What's new

DEATH!!!

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
Sep 2, 2005
Messages
14,457
Reaction score
3,329
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
(well, ok... I just couldn't call another shot "untitled"...)

Concord%20Cemetery%20-%20004.jpg


c/c welcome if desired.

And yes... I know... it's tilted. :)
 
What do you think the tilt adds to the shot?
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #3
Adds? Nothing.

I think it compliments the lines of the subject and the elements in the background while minimizing distractions. (there's an ugly object in the background that I'm hiding and an uninteresting tombstone to the left that I'm angling away from)

If ever one of my tilts was cheating, I'd say this one was it, but it was at least done for a reason.

Cemeteries suck. :lol:
 
I like the drama the tilt adds to the tombstone theme, although it could become overdone
I squared up the frame to get rid of the insignificant stuff on the left. Just a visual thought :scratch:

View attachment 24088
 
So this is titled and tilted ;)
OK; this time it is OK; because it gives a feeling that Christ is lying on the floor desperate of human activities, than being crucifixed. Also it has some diagonal justification. Actually it is here where i feel the tilt is justified. Difference of views-that is all :D
 
I wasn't sure what to make of this at first, but then when I saw Rick's edit it made more sense. I wouldn't crop out quite as much - I'd leave the vines running down the side of the foreground marker and just a piece of the one in the background. As it was originally, having a lot of the marker in the background just didn't add anything, imo.

Oh, and I thought the tilt worked, cheating or not.
 
Rick's second edit wins it for me. Good stuff.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #10
Oh wow, yeah. Rick's edit totally nails it. Of course I HATE non-standard aspect ratios... but in this case I may need to just get over it. Bah.

Lol Brilliant idea guys. Thank you all for contributing your thoughts here.
 
Oh wow, yeah. Rick's edit totally nails it. Of course I HATE non-standard aspect ratios... but in this case I may need to just get over it. Bah.

Lol Brilliant idea guys. Thank you all for contributing your thoughts here.
Hey Manny, good news..It's standard 8x10
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom