Debating on two sony cameras - help please!

Which camera is the best for my needs?

• Sony Cybershot DSC-HX 200V

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sony Cybershot DSC-HX 30V

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

athlete010688

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am looking to purchase a point and shoot camera, and I have narrowed it down to two different sony cameras. I have it narrowed down to the Sony CyberShot DSC-HX200V or the Sony CYbershot DSC-HX30V I am torn on which one to get. I've compared the two, and they appear to be basically the exact same camera minus a couple of different specs. Does anyone have any pros/cons with either one of these two cameras?

The main uses for my camera will be to take everyday pictures. I need a camera that is good for vacations, holidays, and for when we have kids. I think it would be cool to be able to take our children to some park or some location and get pictures of them. I know the 30V is smaller than the 200V, and I've never had a bigger camera before. I'm not sure if it'll be more of a pain to carry around than the compact 30V or not. What are opinions on that?

Thanks so much!

+1 on what Gary said above! Far better camera!

The Sony HX30V has a very long zoom reach for its telephoto, as well as panorama mode, built in HDR, and fast frames per second. It would be a good, flexible small camera to have, even as a backup to a larger camera that you might buy later.

skieur

I am looking to purchase a point and shoot camera, and I have narrowed it down to two different sony cameras. I have it narrowed down to the Sony CyberShot DSC-HX200V or the Sony CYbershot DSC-HX30V I am torn on which one to get. I've compared the two, and they appear to be basically the exact same camera minus a couple of different specs. Does anyone have any pros/cons with either one of these two cameras?

The main uses for my camera will be to take everyday pictures. I need a camera that is good for vacations, holidays, and for when we have kids. I think it would be cool to be able to take our children to some park or some location and get pictures of them. I know the 30V is smaller than the 200V, and I've never had a bigger camera before. I'm not sure if it'll be more of a pain to carry around than the compact 30V or not. What are opinions on that?

Thanks so much!

Post something else so we know you are real!

Thanks so much!
I have a Sony DSC-HX400v that I love, so that would be my purchase...Julian

Debating on two Sony cameras... I can't afford one camera. On a more serious note, I still carry a Sony Cybershot DSC-P32 3.2 megapixel because my point and shoot is not usually for serious business, unless it is. =]

Thanks so much!
I have a Sony DSC-HX400v that I love, so that would be my purchase...Julian

Debating on two Sony cameras... I can't afford one camera. On a more serious note, I still carry a Sony Cybershot DSC-P32 3.2 megapixel because my point and shoot is not usually for serious business, unless it is. =]

Eight-year old thread. OP hasn't been back since the first post.

Eight-year old thread. OP hasn't been back since the first post.
Oh, I saw the post on the active topics list. I apologize for this, I will be more careful next time.

Most reactions

Back