What's new

Debating What Item to Pick Up

rickabobaloey

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 14, 2010
Messages
180
Reaction score
3
Location
Michigan, U.S.A.
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I'm planning a small mini vacation coming up in mid-July for about 3 days. I'll be heading over to Lake Michigan, possibly Ludington or Manistee. Both are on the Lake, and both have lighthouses I'd like to capture. Manistee also has a national forest.

I'm debating whether or not I want to get myself a lens, or a nice tripod for traveling (will be doing hiking along the beach, through the woods, and in the cities).

The two lenses I'm considering are;
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II
Canon EF 75-300mm f4-5.6 III

I'm not sure on what tripod, but I've heard nothing but good things about Monfrotto (spelling?), and would be willing to pay the price for something that is going to last.
 
As important as I believe tripods are, I think the 70-300 might be a more useful addition, HOWEVER - why not check out your local used gear dealer(s) and Craig's List, and maybe you'll find you can get both!

You'll not go wrong with Manfrotto; I'd recommend either the 190 Pro or 055 legs in combination with a 488 ballhead. New? $375. Used... <$200.
 
Thanks for the suggestions tired. I'll look at craigslist. Not sure there's a used camera store within an hours drive of where I live, which is in the country. There's a bunch of small pawn shops, but some of them places are so shady on what they buy I'd not be surprised if I bought something only later find out it had been stolen and sold to the pawn shop.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom