Decay in Los Angeles

thenadamgoes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum. I've been going out pretty much every weekend for the last few weeks to take pictures around LA. I'm really interested in decaying, desolate, industrial areas. There are a lot around here.

So here are few of my shots. I would love some C&C. Visit my flickr for me.
www.flickr.com/photos/thenadamgoes

2338990919_8e8c1059d7_b.jpg

2339804276_51e2270b90_b.jpg

2338962115_dc9c2f8a1d_b.jpg

2338959041_f3502e0628_b.jpg

2275487823_03938e3f2c_b.jpg

2275568975_688588b2ee_b.jpg

2225597254_a1fbc83e1f_b.jpg

2225560748_7dd750e926_b.jpg

Hey, I like these pictures. They are different, but I like them. Are they HDRs?

there's something about the second one that i absolutely love.

the last one looks very hdr-ish

Welcome!

Wow, great shots! Are those all HDRs?

What camera/lens?

I like the stuffed mailbox...haha.

I would have framed more of the right edge out on the shot with the blue cart.

the last one looks very hdr-ish

After looking at all these shots again, I'm 99.9% sure they're all HDRs. There are no absolute black shadows. You can see great detail even in the darkest areas. Still great images!

They actually are all HDR photos.

I personally hate most HDR images, so I'm kind of on a quest to perfect it or at least make it less of a joke.

And at the same time I really like candid street photography. AND desolate areas. So I'm combining all in one. Unfortunately you can't take many pictures of people...it's hard to get them to stand still for three shots.

Thank you for the comments. #2 is my favorite shot...it feels like you are looking at something you shouldn't be.

I do agree about the framing of the shopping cart too.

They are all cool shots! I think the HDR gives kind of a dreamy surreal feeling to these photos, which is kind of the opposite of what you would expect (I think most people would go for harsh, high contrast, grainy photos to give a gritty look, or even go B&W). Anyway, I think they are cool.

so did you use a tripod for all these? (I haven't done an HDR yet but would like to try)

so did you use a tripod for all these? (I haven't done an HDR yet but would like to try)

The first three two I didn't use a tripod, the rest I did. It's easier with a Tripod, I usually set a 2 second timer too so I'm not touching the camera at all.

The first three two I didn't use a tripod, the rest I did. It's easier with a Tripod, I usually set a 2 second timer too so I'm not touching the camera at all.

Cool. You should try a cable release - don't have to wait for the timer, although 2 secs isn't that bad.

3,4,6,8 are my faves!

I like every one... i cannot pick a favorite.

Most reactions

Back