480sparky

Chief Free Electron Relocator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
pixels.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The other day, I went out to 'solve the world's problems' with my neighbor who was watering his tomato plants. When I went to go back inside, a small pattern caught my eye in the grass. I picked up a very small leaf (about the size of my thumbnail), that was well on it's way to becoming dirt.

So I brought it inside, placed it between two sheets of glass, and started hunting for a shot. Here's what I ended up with.

DecayedLeafPost.jpg

Comments welcome.

Nikon D600, Nikkor 28 2.8 Ai reversed on a PB-6 bellows. 4-frame stack.

Ah, Sparky, I'm disappointed. For you, this is "landscape" photography. I'd have expected a closeup of the leaf cell structure.

Joking aside, nice transformation of "pre-dirt" into near-abstract art. I've played with some similar stuff, and a low, raking direct light can bring out the surface texture very nicely. I've got it somewhere - will post when I find it.

I like it, but what is really interesting to me is about half of the frame more or less in the middle - sort of a square comp. I'd probably crop a little off the top and bottom as well. Of course, this is my instinct with a lot of images, cropping and turning them almost into abstracts, so most likely you should just ignore this whole post ...

I think Ken has something there. If you square-crop from the right, so that the central stem is now out of the frame, the shapes become rather enigmatic, without a real sense of scale. It could be then the sand dunes and methane lakes of Titan, or Bedouin trails in the desert...

I like it, but what is really interesting to me is about half of the frame more or less in the middle - sort of a square comp. I'd probably crop a little off the top and bottom as well. Of course, this is my instinct with a lot of images, cropping and turning them almost into abstracts, so most likely you should just ignore this whole post ...

I was originally looking for that. But in the end, I ended up with a candidate for another Uber Whatsit instead, and I doubted anyone would have been able to figure it out just by looking at it.

Most reactions

Back