Decent cretique

Status
Not open for further replies.

dyce

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been reading the different threads and viewing photos. I appreciate a good , honest critique. One that isn't downright rude. Example....I just read a critique for another poster's photo that just said "down right terrible."
Well, maybe it was but some of us are new to photography, not all of us are trying to be professionals, but trying to just better our skills. Wouldn't it had been better to post "terrible" and why? Vs just Terrible? I, for one, don't think my photos are fantastic by any means, but don't we all start out somewhere? This forum is open to newbies to photography, hence this thread, so why the harsh, rude and most of all totally unhelpful critiques by some of the posters?

Just a thought to the admin of this site. Critique is hurtful sometimes, even by the best intentions, but some are just downright rude and uncalled for.

D/aka Kelly

We don't need a new one of these threads every time someone makes a rude comment on the forum. This subject has been completely exhausted by now...

If you post a thread for C&C there is a chance you will get a rude comment, deal with it this is the internet its not the end of the world if someone is rude to you.

Darkhunter123
WOW.....obviously this forum is just crabby. LMAO. I'll take my posts and leave you and the others to their nasty. It's obviously not a forum that is best for someone looking for INTELLIGENT, decent critique. Telling someone, and it wasn't me, their photo was terrible without backing it up , why and what they could do better, just isn't intelligent critique. Possibly that poster had no clue how to back himself/herself up.

As I said, this is a hobby for me. I'm not a "wannaB" professional photographer, as most are. I don't critique other's photos because I don't know enough about the art/skill to do so. Seems that the rude critique, meaning one word responses such as terrible, come from those who's photos really are not much better then the rest of us newbies. Otherwise there would be a decent, usable critique.

I'll find a forum that has a bit more maturity and respect for fellow posters. Maybe one that has an admin that actually concern's himself/takes pride in what goes on.

You, have a wonderful day. Try not to play online too much. There's areal world out there :

Kelly

You are not the first person to start this type of thread it gets old. There are some good members on these boards that give some good C&C but you cant expect every comment to be amazing.

Sometimes if people sugar coat things, you don't get good criticism. It may come off as rude, but would you want people lying saying it wasn't bad when in reality it is horrible?

how would you get better if someone didnt tell you where you suck?

Dont judge the entire forum based on one persons ability to upset you. Hang around long enough and Im sure there will be more. Take it all with a grain of salt. Nothing is 100 % concrete and critiques are subjective to each individual. There are a ton of wonderfully talented people here. Some are more blunt than others. Anyways if you stick around look forward to seeing your work, otherwise take care.

You post and ask for C&C.

People are not going to site there and try to think of the nicest way to say what their thinking. You asked for it and they gave it...you should be happy for that.

yeah "terrible" probably wasnt the best wording but thats obviously what came to mine right off the bat.....i would take that as "i better go give it another try cause i obviously didnt get it"

:D

Sometimes the truth hurts.

This thread is terrible.

Don't you read... he/she wants to know WHY IT IS TERRIBLE, rude Dom... downright rude.

Awesome thread.

lock.gif
lock.gif
lock.gif

p!nK

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back