Decent printer at affordable price?

RMThompson

the TPF moderators rock my world!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys. I have an opportunity to build a small little business at a local fair that comes for several weeks each year.

The idea is that I would photograph the clients, and then sell packages of the photos at the place. I have all the equipment I would need except a printer.

Because the fair is supposed to be taking place in olden times, (think Ren Fest), I could get away with printing on paper... but would need high quality prints everytime that could handle printing 100 or 200 pictures a day.

Any idea on where to even SHOP for this?

Ryan

Not sure really.

$1000 dollars? $2000? Is that out of the question?

Also, I ONLY need it to print 8x10s... over and over again! :)

What print sizes are you looking at?

You can get an Epson R1900 or R2880 for less than a thousand. About $400 for the 1900 and about $600 for the 2880. They make EXCEPTIONAL prints, but the cost of ink might be an issue if you run off too many 8x10's.

You can do a thermal resin / dye sublimation printer (professional) for $2500 which prints quickly, professionally and doesn't burn ink like crazy, although it does have semi-expensive consumables. I've not broken down the per-print cost between the two. The Kodak 9810 would be the beast.

Most reactions

Back