Decided to try something different

lazarus219

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
.Well maybe not a different shot, but this isn't the sort of thing i generally shoot,

bball.jpg

Any comments much appreciated!

Great shot, not one I can recall seeing before from that angle, but then again we don't have men's netball on TV in the UK (or whatever it's called!).

As this is critique, I'd better try and say something intelligent and helpful: Perhaps a slightly longer shutter time would have given more of a sense of movement? At first glance I thought "how'd he balance the ball there?". Then it becomes obvious as you look.

A great shot though - nice colours and contrast of hard metal against soft clear sky.

Rob

Thanks for replying!
Men's netball? Do you mean basketball? I guess in different countries little thnigs like that change.

I was going to try 1/15 second with rear curtain sync flash, but when i saw this i liked it and stopped shooting.
I've been trying not to shoot too many frames just because i can (digital) and take it slow and carefully plan out the shot before i take it.

I had some trouble with this because i was putting the camera on self timer and then shooting when i thought the time was right, (while trying not to let it bounce and hit the camera- there were a few close times)

Anyway thanks for the reply- any more critique welcome

Most reactions

New Topics

Back