Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
moderndinosaur.wordpress.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I love number one!

I studied a bit of Buddhism a while ago and found It fascinating, then we moved and I had to return the book to the library so I didn't get to finish.

I love number one!

I studied a bit of Buddhism a while ago and found It fascinating, then we moved and I had to return the book to the library so I didn't get to finish.

Thanks! Hey, maybe that's what you can do - find a book on Buddhism to replace the lame boudoir photography book on your Kindle ;)

As they say " If you meet Buddha on the road kill him. " It about personal enlightenment. Nothing else.
BTW your pictures are stunning. Thanks for posting Ed

Thanks! Hey, maybe that's what you can do - find a book on Buddhism to replace the lame boudoir photography book on your Kindle ;)

:giggle: Not a bad idea! Religion in general fascinates me. I liked the idea of Buddhism though. Any reccommendations?

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I dunno, I've always preferred my spiritual leaders to come fully assembled. I mean I don't mind slapping in a couple of batteries - but that's pretty much where I draw the line.

Lol

:giggle: Not a bad idea! Religion in general fascinates me. I liked the idea of Buddhism though. Any reccommendations?

Well, I just starting my own reading into the subject. I don't have a Kindle but I have a tablet with a Kindle app and a tight budget, so I went looking for some that I could either download or add to the Cloud for free, but that also got good reviews.

"The Essence of Buddhism" by David Tuffley is really more of a pamphlet, but I found it useful to just get a quick overview before I started going deeper into the details. I just started "How to Practice: The Way to a Meaningful Life" by the Dalai Lama and I'm enjoying it a lot. It's also not very long so it won't take long. Next on deck is "Modern Buddhism" by Geshe Kelsang Gyatso. Volumes 1, 2 and 3.

That's what I'm starting with.

Oh yes, and as Ed suggests, Siddhartha. I read that years ago, recently re-read it and liked it even more.

As they say " If you meet Buddha on the road kill him. " It about personal enlightenment. Nothing else.

Thanks, Ed!
I only have control over myself, so I might as well make use of that :)

Oh yes, and as Ed suggests, Siddhartha. I read that years ago, recently re-read it and liked it even more.

That one's on my list, too! :)

Love #1 in particular.

Thanks, terri! #1 seems to be the favorite. I like that one the best, too. The others I like more in relation to each other as a series rather stand-alone pictures. In the second shot, you can see a foot in the background. It's hard to see in the small version, though. So I like that there's a large head and smaller background foot in one picture, then the hand, then a large foot and a smaller background head in the last picture.

Thanks, Ed!
I only have control over myself, so I might as well make use of that :)

When asked "What do you do after you find enlightenment. Don Juan replied to Carlos Castaneda. You go back home and drive a cab.

Oh, wow--the head, and that giant HAND!!! What a pair of photos! The hand keeps drawing me back to it. It's just so...weird! I love it. This is just such an unusual post...Deconstructed Buddha...I've never,ever seen such a thing as this.

Most reactions

Back