Deconstructed Buddha

Buddhism philosophy In photography ? :scratch: Something new...

I'll just smile and you'll know what I mean... ;)

nice photos btw

I used to have all the Carlos Castaneda books...until I woke up in the US.

I like the composition of all of them...I looked for the umpteenth times but I can't really say I like #1 because I like #3 too, then I looked at #2 and like that one too...all of them are good.

As they say " If you meet Buddha on the road kill him. " It about personal enlightenment. Nothing else.
BTW your pictures are stunning. Thanks for posting Ed

Thanks, Ed!
I only have control over myself, so I might as well make use of that :)

When asked "What do you do after you find enlightenment. Don Juan replied to Carlos Castaneda. You go back home and drive a cab.

Last edited:
Thanks folks!

Oh, wow--the head, and that giant HAND!!! What a pair of photos! The hand keeps drawing me back to it. It's just so...weird! I love it. This is just such an unusual post...Deconstructed Buddha...I've never,ever seen such a thing as this.

This is at Storm King Art Center and it's called "Three-footed Buddha." The main sculpture is massive and then there are several side sculptures. I could have spent a good hour shooting just that sculpture. The whole complex is gorgeous: beautiful walking paths, wide open spaces and sculptures of all different sizes.

Buddhism philosophy In photography ? :scratch: Something new...

Hey, why not? :mrgreen:

Edited: Here's a picture of the main sculpture: http://www.stormking.org/exhibitions/

Last edited:
Well, I just starting my own reading into the subject. I don't have a Kindle but I have a tablet with a Kindle app and a tight budget, so I went looking for some that I could either download or add to the Cloud for free, but that also got good reviews. "The Essence of Buddhism" by David Tuffley is really more of a pamphlet, but I found it useful to just get a quick overview before I started going deeper into the details. I just started "How to Practice: The Way to a Meaningful Life" by the Dalai Lama and I'm enjoying it a lot. It's also not very long so it won't take long. Next on deck is "Modern Buddhism" by Geshe Kelsang Gyatso. Volumes 1, 2 and 3. That's what I'm starting with.

I'll look Into this thanks!

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
These are so wonderful. Absolutely love them.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back