Deep In The Forest

JoeDif

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I don't usually shoot much B & W but this scene had that feel to it.

668580670_55fdu-L.jpg

In my opinion i think it may come out better in colour, it would show more definition between the building and the vegitation, its very busy and hard to discern what is what, maybe a shot later in the evening would add a natural contrast to it all, very cool location tho! and pretty nicely framed.

Would be better if the contrast was pushed more allowing a better separation of black from white.

Thanks for the critiques!! I'd like to get into shooting more B & W so the tips were invaluable.

Would be better if the contrast was pushed more allowing a better separation of black from white.

I'm not an expert at Black and White but he is right. Its all about contrast, you want as much as you can get. With some parts of the picture actually being black and white. Not so much of the gray and white, with a tad bit of black.

Black and white forestshots can be quite spectacular when done right. Just take a look at Paul Hart's work.

Your image has room for improvement. There's a whole lot of gray with almost no variety in gray tones. You can easily fix this by boosting up the contrast with Levels or Curves in Photoshop. That is, if you edit your pictures.

Also, try to look for contrast in nature itself and try to bring those contrasts back in your picture. Like lightgreen bushes and dark buildings. To me it looks like everything had the same color in your picture.

Most reactions

Back