Deep Purple

Robbo444

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
1706917785285.png

Taken in Thailand light source was the sun behind. I am promarily a model portfolio photographer with an interest in taking shots of Tribes in remote areas of SEA. So this type of shot is new to me, any advice on composition or processing would be helpful.

4F1F7557 (2).jpg

Last edited:
@Robbo444 This gallery is for serious critique and follows rigid guidelines for both submissions and critique. Please read READ FIRST - Welcome to the C&C Gallery! . Since I see that you're a new member, as a courtesy I'll extend you 24 hours to bring your post into conformance with the guidelines. After that it will be subject to removal. If you'd prefer this be moved to a less restrictive thread please advise.

@robbo444thank you for adding the
Metadata. Now please add the 2nd part.

In a sentence or two, please let us know what you were trying to achieve with your shot. Letting us know why you took the shot helps us understand your creative thought process, which will inform how someone might respond. You may also add specific questions on other aspects of the shot.

The purpose of this thread is to provide you with valid critique for improving.

I'm not generally at a loss for words on critique, but this one was interesting

My first thought was, "am I viewing an optical illusion?" With the lighting and perspective I could imagine myself as a small bug in the flower looking up. Its a very good shot, the composition, frame management, exposure, and color look good to me.

I'm not generally at a loss for words on critique, but this one was interesting

My first thought was, "am I viewing an optical illusion?" With the lighting and perspective I could imagine myself as a small bug in the flower looking up. Its a very good shot, the composition, frame management, exposure, and color look good to me.
Thanks, I am never sure what to do with shots like this, print a poster etc but it is just not my style.

Thanks, I am never sure what to do with shots like this, print a poster etc but it is just not my style.

That's why it's important to learn to step away and self critique as if you were a stranger.

Here is another from the same shoot - same metadata
s4F1F7572.jpg

Well I must admit I was sorely let down when I first saw your image as I was fully expecting to see Ritchie Blackmore and Ian Gillan on stage! No, all joking aside this image is gorgeous to me. The colors are outstanding and I like the fact that it is not super in focus. My only wish would be to adjust composition so you could see further down the 'tube'. As it is that green area kind of confuses me. Otherwise very pleasing image to my 'not so experienced' eyes.

Well I must admit I was sorely let down when I first saw your image as I was fully expecting to see Ritchie Blackmore and Ian Gillan on stage! No, all joking aside this image is gorgeous to me. The colors are outstanding and I like the fact that it is not super in focus. My only wish would be to adjust composition so you could see further down the 'tube'. As it is that green area kind of confuses me. Otherwise very pleasing image to my 'not so experienced' eyes.
Thanks for responding, the flower was that green at the base then transitioned to the purple - no surprises inside from memory :)

is another from the same shoot - same metadata

While it's okay to post additional images to illustrate a point or question, new images need to be posted as a new thread which follows the same guidelines for critique. As noted earlier this is a gallery for serious critique. There are numerous other galleries for posting that aren't as rigid.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back