Deer Portrait At Different Focal Lengths

Flying Panda

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
jt-strachan.pixels.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I got to fooling around earlier today with my Sigma 1.4x teleconverter attached to a Sigma 150-600mm Contemporary lens. The camera used was a Nikon D500. These series of images were taken at three different focal lengths. No cropping was performed although I did format the images size to a 9:16 ration. All three images were processed from a raw file using Lightroom v6.9 with the exact same settings. I did not run the images through any noise reduction software. Shutter speed was set the same for all three images and the ISO was set to Auto. C&C welcomed. Thanks for viewing!

#1 - 330 mm
330.jpg

#2 - 440 mm
440.jpg

#3 - 850 mm
850.jpg

JT

I like the one made at 440mm the best, because it includes enough of the setting.

First of all nice set and shooting and I like #2 best, also. I'm assuming those were taken hand held with VR.

I like the one made at 440mm the best, because it includes enough of the setting.

Lovely shooting........

First of all nice set and shooting and I like #2 best, also. I'm assuming those were taken hand held with VR.

Thanks guys for the feedback!

Yea - the images are not as sharp with the TC as they normally are. These images were taken with the VR on and the entire rig pressed firmly against a tree. I don't think mounting it on a tripod would have made any difference. When I reviewed the 1.4 & 2.0 TCs I read alot of information that mentioned the lost in 1 to 3 stops and the lack of sharpness. The reviews on the 2.0 TC were the worst. Having purchased mine brand new at fair market price from B&H, I would have to say that I would definitely NOT recommend the use of any TC for added focal length. But, of course, these images were taken on a DX sensor - I have not evaluated any images taken on my D850.

Most reactions

Back