Deletin Photos?

Yeah, but if ur getting a potable hard drive make sure-

1) The hard case has a rubber/ plastic cover over it, if metal make sure u dont touch it when powered on. I spoilt my friends Potable which had an alluminum case by touching it, it short circuited the hdd corrupting it completely.
it shorting out had nothing to do with weather it was a metal case or not. I have been working with portable HD's for years and touch them every single day! all of them which are aluminum bodies! (Which distribute the heat more even than plastic cases do, resulting in them to overheat) The HD Crashing could have resulted in a short or poor installation into the housing.

yeah, all are made of alluminum.
While its working, try to and touch it with the tip of ur finger with a gentle amount of pressure, you'd feels a tingly static which is fun to play with and try this with no shoes on and its gets shorted after a while of playing with it.
I've had this experience twice with the laptop hard disc with the Dlink cover( its a pocket able size )(the first time just the electronics on the adapter got ruined, but the second time the HDD got ruined just shows parrtitions instead of 4 and windows gives a delayed write error), dont know how the larger drive(A CPU's HDD) would do coz i've never experimented on that, i've been using the larger ones without wrecking them!
ummm... just picked up 3 different ones that are all plugged in. Nothing! This is what I do 4 a living. and In my years of experience probably handling hundreds of ex HD's Never felt a tingling or had one short out from touching it! Oh wait I just threw one against the wall (Yep!!!) there it goes your right it did short out from me handling it(LOL):greenpbl:

I keep all my best stuff on the computer with all of them backed up on a CD. The just okay shots I burn to a CD and the bad shots, I play with in photo shop and make into something abstract - if the bad shots fail as abstract also then I delete them.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back