What's new

Dennis Grasshopper

petertalke

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 3, 2008
Messages
160
Reaction score
0
Location
USA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Enjoy!

www.talkephotography.com

Grasshopper_Watermark.jpg
 
For a bug shot it appears a bit out of focus and the DOF is very shallow... was this with a macro lens?
 
Yes...105 Nikon VR macro...DOF is done on purpose. For most bugs you want to focus on the eyes...I wanted that to be the focal point. :D
 
Unless I'm mistaken, it looks like the eyes aren't quite in focus either.

Regardles... I'm no macro guy, but usually the macro folks here get their bugs 100% in focus.
 
I agree. Bugs like this tend to look better if they are in focus (as you point out, the eyes are the most important). This makes it difficult unless you have alot of light, because you probably need at least f11 for this one.
 
Unless I'm mistaken, it looks like the eyes aren't quite in focus either.

Regardles... I'm no macro guy, but usually the macro folks here get their bugs 100% in focus.

I agree. Even the eyes don't have a sharp focus here. IF they did it might work but as is, I feel like it missed the mark a little.
 
I agree...F/11 may have been best. Thanks for the feedback!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom