voodoocat

))<>((
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.voodoocat.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been anxiously awaiting the desert to bloom after a very rainy winter. Two inches in the last month :shock: The wild poppies have not quite bloomed but it should happen in the next few days. I've got a roll of Velvia awaiting that :D

Not my favorite of the bunch, but I liked the contrast of the green groundcover with the bare trees.

deadforest.jpg

Not sure what sort of cactus this is.

deepcactii.jpg

I converted this to black and white cause the sun was barely up and behind some clouds which created a undesirable blue cast.

saltriverreeds.jpg

These next few are from that day where my friend popped two tires on the exit only... oops

saguarosunset.jpg

redmountainsunset.jpg

redmountainsunset2.jpg

and finally my personal favorite of the bunch. Taken right next to our aparment complex.

palmsunset.jpg

Very nice. I think one of them is a little dark but over all great color. Sometimes the pictures here are so beautiful that it doesn't feel like it's real. I don't mean to say thats a bad thing. I mean it more like the picture you see when your friend goes somewhere and sends you a post card. Ok, maybe thats just me but... anyways. Great pictures.

some real nice shots here. the last one is my favorite- great compositon, nice colors. is it possible to get the angle of the camera relative to the horizon such that you could keep the two big trees in frame and yet capture the full reflection in the water foreground?
this is a very powerful image, for it begs to be interpreted symbollically. especially given your recent wonderful news...

(a daddy tree and a mommy tree and, uh, well, looks like yer gonna have more than one kid!)

Osmer_Toby said:
some real nice shots here. the last one is my favorite- great compositon, nice colors. is it possible to get the angle of the camera relative to the horizon such that you could keep the two big trees in frame and yet capture the full reflection in the water foreground?
this is a very powerful image, for it begs to be interpreted symbollically. especially given your recent wonderful news...

(a daddy tree and a mommy tree and, uh, well, looks like yer gonna have more than one kid!)

Well I hope we don't have a headless child :shock: :lmao: I'm probably the leaning tree since I haven't had my v8.

:lol: ya, i wondered if you'd make that connection. heheh. get someone to go chop that headless tree down, will ya? it's screwin' up my "poetic" interpretation.

catty dawg,

I really like the coloration in this batch of pictures!! I think you frame very well also.

great work!!

what camera was this? the Yashica? i cant friggin wait for mine!

md

go cat go!!

love that last one! wow, thats a fab composition, i actually would not change a thing. Arizona Highways, here comes Voodoo! I would love number 5 if it were not so dark :scratch:

Actually voodoo, i would love to see you use infrared film out in the desert, i don't know if you are adverse to using it, but i think you'd get some really fab shots.

I love looking at Voo's pics. The only bad thing is that it makes me want to be there quite badly. I love the desert and red rock country SO much, looking at Voo's stuff almost makes me homesick.

Voo baby...#1 wants to be manipulated. If your freaky friend Terri had been there, I'd have found one of those bent lil trees and then shot the slide onto Time Zero film for an SX70 manip...but then that's just where my mind goes. I'm thinking that whole little area must be gorgeous. :D I know why you had to get some of it.

#2...can I ever convince you (along with Mark) to try infrared?? That cactus, that sky....so perfect. Play with this image in PS (I think under diffuse>glow or something) to get a sneaky idea of what this image could give you using HIE or Konica in the Yashica.

#3....perfection. Nuff said. I love it the best. :love: b&w....

The series from the day of the car trauma are all pretty good...love your colors and composition...but they look a tad dark to me. (Well, the silhouette is supposed to be dark so maybe that one doesn't count.)

I love the last one, as well...looks like it could be on postcard for some exotic place - and this is right outside your apartment??? :LOL: Great eye!!

Nice going, my friend!! More, please. :D

terri said:
HIE or Konica in the Yashica.

I don't want to degrade this thread any or offend anyone but that little snip sounds like something you would hear in a Jewish Temple. :LOL:

Please don't call anything I say to my precious Voo a snip... :cry: You can call it a dig :twisted: but never a snip! :wink:

terri said:
Please don't call anything I say to my precious Voo a snip... :cry: You can call it a dig :twisted: but never a snip! :wink:

Sorry for the confusion. I wasn’t' trying to call Voo a snip, I was saying that snip of the post taken out by itself is kinda funny.

Please don't call anything I say to my precious Voo a snip

ok terri, we warned you about gushing... and you should be xtra cautious with that renegade site admin around these parts!

snip? don't rabbis do that when a baby boy is born? :scratch:

Ahem, and now for something a bit more on topic ;) Voodoo, i'd love to know the camera and specs and if you pshopped any of this.

These were all taken on my 35mm camera. Fuji Sensia 100 slide film. The one that is in black and white was done using a gradient map. The first one was color balanced due to the blue cast. Slight curve adjustment to match it to the slide.

I like the composition and the subject matter, but they seem a bit dark to me.

The last one is my favorite, I really like the feel of it. The headless tree could be cloned out of course. I've found that on a gradient of color like that it helps to make sure you clone exactly horizontal to the area to be covered so the gradient colors stay the same. Sorry if you already know that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back