Chris of Arabia

Herding cats since 1988...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is the first one, there will be more along just as soon as I've got round to processing them

3100699444_535d05fa8b_o.jpg

Wow these are great! I really like the detail in the second photo.

Very true. It looks like it ought to be miles from anywhere, but it's not. Just over behind the tower and slightly to the right is the King's Farm where GWB stayed earlier this year (or was it last?), and a little beyond that is the main Riyadh Airport. As I drove over there today, the roads were heaving with people off out to picnic in the dunes in the area - this place isn't so bad, as you can see how stony the ground is - not so good for quad biking on. The litter and debris of human life is everywhere and a good bit of the work on Pic 2 was in cloning out the cans, bottle and general detritus of the Saudi at play.

Love number two - because of the graffiti! It caught my eye and my fascination =).

#2 is my favorite despite being less dramatic than the first. I love the detail on the tower, foreground, and into the distance. I can't decide if I like the graffiti or not though...

Love number two - because of the graffiti! It caught my eye and my fascination =).

What you can't see from these shots is that the graffiti included mention of Snoop Dogg and Tupac! They like their hiphop out here, strange as that may seem.

Oooooo, I like the utter simplicity of composition of the first.
And that DOME of a sky!

Most reactions

Back