deserted fantasy.....

aprilraven

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
my monday is sucking, and i have allowed people to hurt my feelings, and wanted to just drive off a bridge..so instead, i thought i would try to get some action going, and find out a few things about each other..

we are gonna try a question of the week thing...i have done this with friends, and wanna try it with ya'll..

work with me here, its a fantasy....so dont get all technical on me... go with the flow...

your plane crashed in the pacific, and your the only one washed up on shore... as you get acclimated to your surroundings..( $15.00 word there...)
a cave is formed just a few feet from the beach...the sand is snow white..and the water is a gorgeous blue green... coconuts galore... there is banana trees, and the waters are lush with fish... there is a crate that has crashed upon shore...and as your look thru it, your surprised to find bait and tackle..... there is a volley ball that you can name wilson if you so desire...and on top of that, there is a killer stereo...bose sound system.. rockford fosgate speakers... the works...and imagine this, it runs on solar power!!!! how lucky can you get...????

there are food package to last for three years, if you dont replenish with your own ideas...

so the questions are:

name the three cd's you would have to have to listen to possibly the rest of your life...they are in the crate, low and behold...

and name the one meal, that is in the food pkgs... its the only meal you get for atleast three years...

oh, and to make it interesting, there is one other passenger that survived...and they are headed to you, surprised and pleased to see you...it can be anyone that is alive right now... popular or not...except it can not be spouse or family member...

so name the food, the music, and the person you would really want to be stranded with for three years atleast...can be someone you physically want, or mentally want...male or female.... explain why...

Wow...tough stuff!

I usually don't answer things like this because they are near impossible for me to answer, but I will try.

3 CD's: OAR: 1)Of a Revolution (not totally sure of the exact name of the album, but I think it's their second one)
2)Red Hot Chili Peppers (can't think of the name of that particular album, either, and I own botht these CDs!!!...it's the one that came out like, 2, maybe 3 years ago)
3)Tom Petty Greatest Hits

Food: This one is hard, cuz I can get sick of foods easily. I'm gonna say...Steak (do they make that freeze dried? :lol: ), potatoes, and some sort of fruit.

Now, the PERSON is gonna be the HARDEST. I would say my boyfriend, but you said I can't. So....I'm gonna pick my friend/co-worker Mike. He is ENDLESSLY entertaining, always upbeat, resourceful and strong.

A. Fresh Veggies...gotta get a garden going for sure!!
B. Ummmmm...music:
1. some live Shins...those dudes rock!!
2. Supergrass- In it for the money...that stuff cracks me up.
3. Charles Mingus- East Coast Sessions cuz he's just such a badass.

C. no one...I like the peace and quite.

Hmm?
Since I just posted about Christmas songs I guess my cd collection will start with A Charlie Brown Christmas
Grateful Dead Dozin at the Knick - 4 CD Set
Any CD packed with Vivaldi

Food? Since I can supplement with Fish, and crab and other such seafood, maybe Porterhouse steak.

My one person? Well I will have needs and to have another guy there would be like that episode of Family Guy (for those that may have seen it). So Rose McGowan - She seems to be intelligent enough plus just a bit of a witch (B) mixed in.

Okay, When can I go? This sounds like pardise.

oops...your so sweet corry... "miss raven"...here i am..looking like a hag...

let see... gotta be boxed led zepplin...:hugs:
and gotta have metallic s&m :thumbup:
and ashamed to admit, and pallie will keil over laughing..due to private joke about this..:drunk: . but i gotta have john denver's greastest hits...

meal... steak all the way baby....:drool:

person..? hmm.... i thought about this a bunch, and i gotta go with robert plant... i could just look at him for hours on end..and if he hummed a little rain song, my eyes would roll back in my head and i would be in heaven for ages...!!

thanks corry for even caring what i thought... your such a sweetie..!! :lovey:

aprilraven said:
oops...your so sweet corry... "miss raven"...here i am..looking like a hag...

let see... gotta be boxed led zepplin...:hugs:
and gotta have metallic s&m :thumbup:
and ashamed to admit, and pallie will keil over laughing..due to private joke about this..:drunk: . but i gotta have john denver's greastest hits...

meal... steak all the way baby....:drool:

person..? hmm.... i thought about this a bunch, and i gotta go with robert plant... i could just look at him for hours on end..and if he hummed a little rain song, my eyes would roll back in my head and i would be in heaven for ages...!!

thanks corry for even caring what i thought... your such a sweetie..!! :lovey:

No problem! :) Metallica S&M is a good pick! I haven't listened to that CD(s) in a long time!

cd's - sgt. pepper (beatles), the wall; double cd (pink floyd)
food - box full of gharardelli milk chocolate
i'll take the peace and quite alone

JonMikal said:
cd's - sgt. pepper (beatles), the wall; double cd (pink floyd)
food - box full of gharardelli milk chocolate
i'll take the peace and quite alone

ok, gotta ask...would you really wanna be alone that long?? really??

i mean, it sounds good on one level...for about 3 days..then i would be sick and tired of no touch..no laughing....no one to share the music with...

and no one to just relate to.... that would drive me stark raving mad...

CD 1: OK Computer - Radiohead
CD 2: Inspired by Back - Yo-Yo Ma
CD 3: Good News for People Who Love Bad News - Modest Mouse

Food: spaghetti, maybe?

Person: probably my friend Erin. She's comfortable to be around, we get along great, she's funny and smart and resourcesful, and very adventurous.

*cough* and good looking.

where have you been verbal??? i have missed you, my man...!! sweetness and light of the forum!!!

(your scared now, aint ya??)

aprilraven said:
ok, gotta ask...would you really wanna be alone that long?? really??

i mean, it sounds good on one level...for about 3 days..then i would be sick and tired of no touch..no laughing....no one to share the music with...

and no one to just relate to.... that would drive me stark raving mad...

sure would...i'm not a people person.

Who hurt your feelers, baybay ... I'll clock 'em. You know how family is ... we can rag 'em, but anybody else tries it and they find themselves covered in lyme and scattered over three counties ...

Crap, Raven, I'm gone for two hours, even talked to you via cell and you didn't give me any warning that I'd have to play "What would you do if ...?" Sheesh ... give a girl some warning! So, in honor of your poopy day, not only will I answer, but I'll answer in the form of a creative little short story ... how's that?

Opening my eyes, I see the sun resplendent in its rising, peeking over the horizon with orange lashes. Blinking, stretching, clamboring out of what's left of the lifeboat, I stand in awe of the beauty unfolding. The orange lashes give way to shades of yellow until the top half peeks over and warms me with the dawn. I turn and roam over to the cave ... DYING for a bit of caffeine.

Lo and behold, I open the mystical box and find a pipeline. Whatever could it be ... methinks to myself ... and *poof* out pops a Route 44 Sonic cup, plastic as the styro wouldn't last indefinitely ... complete with lid and straw. I tap the pipeline and waalaa ... endless Sonic tea. (sidebar: I figure I already have fish, critters and fruits ... who needs anything else besides tea?)

I meander around ... cleaning and rearranging the sand and fronds and think it sure would be awesome to have some tunes. I rummage through the supply box and YIKES! I find an Aerosmith double and think I'm in heaven. I queue up 'Deuces Are Wild' and (as I am once again a perfect size six blonde babe), I go across the deck of sand sashaying and boogie-ing. I finish my 'Dance Fever' episode and discover that there is yet another cd ... Nickelback. Who could live without them? Not me. Certainly not indefinitely.

As I'm headed back to the condocave, I see a lone figure, silhouetted by the aforementioned rising sun. Broad shoulders ... check ... lean muscles ... check check ... fully loaded ruck sack ... triple check ... and my little heart goes pitty pat ... pitty pat ...

He appears before me, stunning blue eyes ... glistening with sweat ... carrying a volleyball bearing the TPF logo ... aptly named Teep ... and stands boldly at attention. I ask this stunning specimen who he is and he states proudly ... I'm a US Army Ranger, ma'am ... and I'm here to lead the way ...

Well, heck, after that magnificent display ... all I can say is HOOAH! When you've got a Ranger to protect and serve, who cares about the rest?!

He pilfers through the supplies and finds them lacking in only one area ... the third cd apparently was swept away with Wilson, so he reaches into his ruck sack and pulls out R Kelly ... for the listening pleasure as the magnificent sun makes it's decent ...

(don't bother sending help ... I'm happy ensconced on the island with a ranger!)

(did I cover all the questions?!?)

anicole said:
Who hurt your feelers, baybay ... I'll clock 'em. You know how family is ... we can rag 'em, but anybody else tries it and they find themselves covered in lyme and scattered over three counties ...

Crap, Raven, I'm gone for two hours, even talked to you via cell and you didn't give me any warning that I'd have to play "What would you do if ...?" Sheesh ... give a girl some warning! So, in honor of your poopy day, not only will I answer, but I'll answer in the form of a creative little short story ... how's that?

Opening my eyes, I see the sun resplendent in its rising, peeking over the horizon with orange lashes. Blinking, stretching, clamboring out of what's left of the lifeboat, I stand in awe of the beauty unfolding. The orange lashes give way to shades of yellow until the top half peeks over and warms me with the dawn. I turn and roam over to the cave ... DYING for a bit of caffeine.

Lo and behold, I open the mystical box and find a pipeline. Whatever could it be ... methinks to myself ... and *poof* out pops a Route 44 Sonic cup, plastic as the styro wouldn't last indefinitely ... complete with lid and straw. I tap the pipeline and waalaa ... endless Sonic tea. (sidebar: I figure I already have fish, critters and fruits ... who needs anything else besides tea?)

I meander around ... cleaning and rearranging the sand and fronds and think it sure would be awesome to have some tunes. I rummage through the supply box and YIKES! I find an Aerosmith double and think I'm in heaven. I queue up 'Deuces Are Wild' and (as I am once again a perfect size six blonde babe), I go across the deck of sand sashaying and boogie-ing. I finish my 'Dance Fever' episode and discover that there is yet another cd ... Nickelback. Who could live without them? Not me. Certainly not indefinitely.

As I'm headed back to the condocave, I see a lone figure, silhouetted by the aforementioned rising sun. Broad shoulders ... check ... lean muscles ... check check ... fully loaded ruck sack ... triple check ... and my little heart goes pitty pat ... pitty pat ...

He appears before me, stunning blue eyes ... glistening with sweat ... carrying a volleyball bearing the TPF logo ... aptly named Teep ... and stands boldly at attention. I ask this stunning specimen who he is and he states proudly ... I'm a US Army Ranger, ma'am ... and I'm here to lead the way ...

Well, heck, after that magnificent display ... all I can say is HOOAH! When you've got a Ranger to protect and serve, who cares about the rest?!

He pilfers through the supplies and finds them lacking in only one area ... the third cd apparently was swept away with Wilson, so he reaches into his ruck sack and pulls out R Kelly ... for the listening pleasure as the magnificent sun makes it's decent ...

(don't bother sending help ... I'm happy ensconced on the island with a ranger!)

(did I cover all the questions?!?)

:lmao: you and raven kill me!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back