Deserted playground

cindyg2024

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok - so it wasn't really deserted, but I just happened to catch a glimpse of the empty swings. This is our local park/playground and the playground area was just recently "remodeled".... again - still practicing with capturing shots....

1. Original - I felt the poles in the front of the shot were distracting....
Park093.jpg

2. Cropped - Now I feel like it lost something....
Park093-2.jpg

3. Tile walls
Park109.jpg

Park147.jpg

5. Posts inscribed with names of contributors/volunteers
Park138.jpg

What's distracting to me in both of the swingswet photos is that the posts are right up against the edge of the photograph. Generally you should try to have something like that either completely in the picture or completely out.

I think that the way you cropped it just makes it look like an off-center photo. Here's how I would have done it, although I'm still not loving it with the big post in the foreground:

Park093.jpg

The first photo of the tile wall is really nice. The second one suffers from some glare that washes out the colors of the tiles.

Hope this helps!

Yes, #2 seems like there is something missing, especially after viewing the first image.
All other images are well done.

Do you happen to have a polarizer? What camera are you using also?

Nice work though on these captures.

AbelR74 - I was not using anything but my crappy little point and shoot Sony Cybershot (DSC-P73). I was merely trying to work on capturing images. I'm still a COMPLETE newbie and haven't really been able to get into working with different settings yet.

Most reactions

Back