Desperate for advice!! Nikon D5000, D90, Canon T1i or 50D??

Remember that when things online seem incredible and too good to be true, it usually is.

Thats not the actual selling price. Its like a reverse auction or something. You buy a specific number of dollars or points you can use and you bet on an item. If the auction ends and you are the top "better", you get the item. So there is alot of activity at the very end of an auction. I think you may even lose your points or partial when you bet and dont win.

So that $22.47 will usually end up selling below the actual store price, but 10,000 bet on it, lost some sort of $ or points, and 1 person got it.

Works for some, not for me. If you do sign up, read the conditions. Read reviews of the selling site to get an idea of what it is. Be informed

Anyone ever purchase any equipment from Quibids? Their ad keeps popping up and it looks very interesting with unbelievable prices (on the screen now is a Nikon D90 sold for $22.47!!). Just curious.
Come on!

If it sounds to good to be true, it's usually to good to be true.

The D90 sold for $22.47 and the shipping was $889.

Thanks for the input! Don't get me wrong, I'm not an idiot and knew it sounded too good to be true. Just wanted to ask, I had never heard of Adorama before I signed up to this forum. I am extremely uncomfortable with buying anything on the internet!! Thanks, again for the advice...I'll be staying away from that website!

What would be a decent versatile lens that I could use to capture everyday shots of the kids and their sports? I don't want to have to worry about buying 3 different lenses. Seems like the standard lens that comes on the Nikon D90 18-105mm would be better than the 18-55mm lens that comes with the D5000. Then I see that some of them come with the 70-300mm lens. I don't know the techy stuff, I usually just put the camera in "sports mode" etc. But I see that they also have the D5000 paired up with any one of those 3 lenses. What would be the best match for my needs??

Forgot to add that I also take a lot of pics in low light...in case that info influenced your opinion as to which lens/camera would be best! Thanks so much!

Remember that when things online seem incredible and too good to be true, it usually is.

Thats not the actual selling price. Its like a reverse auction or something. You buy a specific number of dollars or points you can use and you bet on an item. If the auction ends and you are the top "better", you get the item. So there is alot of activity at the very end of an auction. I think you may even lose your points or partial when you bet and dont win.

So that $22.47 will usually end up selling below the actual store price, but 10,000 bet on it, lost some sort of $ or points, and 1 person got it.

Works for some, not for me. If you do sign up, read the conditions. Read reviews of the selling site to get an idea of what it is. Be informed

Do not sign up for sites like QuiBids or Swoopo. Unless you're willing to learn the tricks on how to actually win the items you want then you WILL throw your money away. Just think... Swoopo pays about $800 for a D90 and the auctions goes for say $20. Swoopo just made a $600 profit off a $20 D90. Someone has to be the sucker. :fangs:

Often times I see D90's go for $400 no that site... that means they made about $20,000 off that one camera...

Most reactions

Back