DESTITUTE

benjikan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
destitute |ˈdestiˌt(y)oōt|
adjective
without the basic necessities of life : the charity cares for destitute children.
• [ predic. ] ( destitute of) not having : towns destitute of commerce.

As I walked through Montmartre in Paris, I noticed one of our local "Historic Characters" taking a nap on a bench at Place Abbesses. It was very sobering for me as I reflected on my own life and how at any moment I and perhaps any of you reading this post could assume his condition. I walked up to him and very unassumingly attempted to capture the moment. He was oblivious to the click of the shutter. I fired away as if I were shooting a commissioned project. When done I turned around and as I was about to leave a women asked, "Is this for an Ad Campaign and is all of this being choreographed?" I smiled and said "Isn't this all being choreographed?" She just smiled and walked away as I headed west along Rue des Abbesses.

Benjamin Kanarek Blog » D E S T I T U T E

Very nice photo and very cool text. As a writer myself, I love photo/words combos and this is a very nice one.

Plus I love Montmartre. All the little private courtyards/gardens/alleys hidden behind walls, between buildings, hidden from the tourists and uninterested locals. Some of them full of art works coming from some of the surrounding studios. The secret Montmartre is just so beautiful.

Wow.

At first I was thinking "why doesn't he just put the picture here, in the thread...?"

I think it has a stronger effect reading your description, then seeing the picture.

Great work.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back