Developing ancient V620 found film...

star camera company

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
E9EBD731-1548-4582-90F1-FB7CAF26894F.jpeg
So, cleaning out a drawer I found this roll of exposed Verichrome (not pan) 620 film on. Wood core spool. I’m thinking 30s? Does anyone who has succeeded in pulling images have any advice, I’ve been thinking Caffenol with a pinch of dektol and a pinch of potassium bromide, a slow stand development. Ideas??

I would agree - Caffenol, slow stand development.

The oldest film I developed was the roll of TriX that was still in my brother-in-law's Spotmatic when he gave me his kit. The camera had been sitting in the camera bag for more than 20 years, and the bag was deteriorating, so who knows what kind of condition it was stored in. I shot the rest of the roll and stand developed it. Super grainy but discernible images. The pictures that had already been on the roll were lower contrast, for sure.

Tying to find the examples of this. I posted them here a few years ago. Thought they were in Flickr but I must not have tagged them.

I’ll do a snip of the film. There’s a possibility this roll is from my grandparents, possibly my dad as a kid.

For very old BW film I recommend Kodak X-Tol at 1:1......it will lessen the base fog that film gets with age.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back