Did I buy the wrong camera?

slickhare

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
so several months ago i purchased an Olympus E500. from my research, it sounded like a nice camera. Reviews said that Olympus was a very good brand, but that people often ignored it in favor of Canon or Nikon, and that the 2 lens package was great for pros and beginners alike to get their feet wet in the Olympus system. however more lately, i've been hearing bad things about Olympus. e.g. inferior picture quality, bad lens selection, etc.. Personally, i feel the camera performs well, and the noise hasn't bothered me that much. the two lenses cover what i'm using the camera for atm, but i fear that in the future i'm going to be stuck without sufficient tools to get the job done... But what do you all think, should i have steered clear of Olympus?

I doubt there is any cure for buyer's remorse. One thing is certain. A great photographer can make great photographs with your camera. A poor one won't be able to do it with any camera.

Here here to the above...

Forget what THEY say and just go make pictures. I know very very little about digital but I'm sure there is not or will be software to dump the noise thing. As for lenses, if people want them, and are will to pay for them, you can bet your butt someone will make them at some price.

Go have fun enjoy your camera and enjoy the fact that everybody at the event wont have one like it. You can be unique and the girls will think you're cool.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back