'Did I toast enough?' C&C please

PavementPilot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Did I toast it enough?

TanayiacontemplatingthemarshmallowBW.jpg

Aside from someone else getting caught in the frame, some C&C please.

the BW combined with her plaid jacket, hair, and hat, make it look retro, from the '60's (IMO) - which I think is actually pretty neat, lol.

Anyway, I think it looks too soft.

I should also ask, what settings did you take it at?

Not enough contrast which makes it look flat.
Just PP it some more.

i think a red vintage tint would look great.

Yeah I guess I could have worked the contrast a little. Thanks.

yah bump the contrast a bit through levels.. and i would crop the frame so that you lose the 2nd person in the shot.. less you want to try and clone stamp her out.. (pain in the arse)

its a nice candid shot.. the angel is spot on however the composition is a little off thats all.. too bad for that 2nd person in the shot

yah bump the contrast a bit through levels.. and i would crop the frame so that you lose the 2nd person in the shot.. less you want to try and clone stamp her out.. (pain in the arse)
Then you would lose the marshmellow, which is the secondary subject IMO. If there was more image to the right, I would open it up at least to get 3/4 of the background person's head. Might not give the impression that she is about to pounce on said marshmellow.

Ok, so I did some rework. I redid the crop, and bumped the contrast. How is this?

TanayiamarshmallowReworkBW.jpg

The girl in the back still looks like she's gonna chomp down on that marshmellow. If her mouth was opened slightly...... :biglaugh:

I like this crop much better, but I'd removed the power poles from growing out of her head.

the BW combined with her plaid jacket, hair, and hat, make it look retro, from the '60's (IMO) - which I think is actually pretty neat, lol.

Anyway, I think it looks too soft.

I should also ask, what settings did you take it at?

Date Time Original 2010:12:11 15:07:26
Exposure Time 1/60
F Number 5.6
Exposure Program Normal program
ISO Speed Ratings 800
Metering Mode Pattern
Flash Flash did not fire
Focal Length 48
White Balance Manual white balance
Make NIKON CORPORATION
Model NIKON D3100

I just learned the magic of clone stamp.

TanayiamarshmallowRework1BW.jpg

I have to say thanks to all of you with your C&C. This has been an excellent learning oppurtunity

Last edited:
I just learned the magic of clone stamp.

TanayiamarshmallowRework1BW.jpg

I have to say thanks to all of you with your C&C. This has been an excellent learning oppurtunity

select her with a lasso tool, open levels and bump the highlights a little, then add more contrast and sharpen

Most reactions

Back