Diesel Generators

Surely a Vagabond or other battery unit is cheaper, more portable and easier to use, even wth the import tariffs?

Vagabond Extreme is $$530.46 USD (including shipping) You save $100 if you choose the regular shipping but UPS will nail ya on the clearance fees. That makes it 685.87 CAD plus taxes.
I guess the difference isn't THAT much if I'm looking at absolutely amounts but I hate UPS with a burning passion.

Has anyone had success sticking a sinewave Power Inverter on a Deep Cycle Marine Battery?
What are the advantages of a Lead-Acid vs a Lithium battery?
Of course the Lithium is much less heavy.

Deep-cycle battery & inverter is a good way to go; the only downside is that it's a bit klunky. I have a couple of Innovatronix battery inverter systems. These things are REALLY well built. Mine are at least 10 years old, still have the original batteries (They're user-replaceable) and still provide several hundred full-power pops each for my biggest portable power supply (800 w/s).

OK I tried to Google and got lost and confused. Can I use the same power inverter to charge the battery from a household main? Also, I'm told it should be done in well ventilated areas

Also, if I get an inverter, charger, marine batteries and all the associated paraphernalia to maintain the battery, wouldn't I end up spending even more than the generator?

I'm not sure if one of these will work, but I use an invertor on it all the time, but not with strobes.

I got myself a Honda EU2000 recently for photo shoots. I love that thing. The hair stylist can now use their curling irons on my models in the middle of nowhere! :D

I got myself a Honda EU2000 recently for photo shoots. I love that thing. The hair stylist can now use their curling irons on my models in the middle of nowhere! :D
Ok I'm sold. I'll probably get the Hyundai. The Yamaha looks lovely but I'm not about to spend a grand on a pet experiment unless I see a demand in needing to use my monolights outdoors.

Ohhhhh I really want that Yamaha

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back