What's new

Differnce in zoom/focal length?

Seekwence

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 29, 2009
Messages
219
Reaction score
2
Location
Boston, MA
I have started off with both the Nikon 15-55 VR and 55-200 VR lenses for my d3000. Recently I purchased the Sigma 18-200 OS and have noticed that the 200mm focal length on the Nikon is noticeably "longer" than the Sigma at 200mm. It's not a big deal, but I am a little confused.

Sorry, I don't have any sample shots to post right now...
 
I don't know those particular lenses, but this is a known issue with many 3rd party as well as OEM lenses -- they're not always exactly as claimed.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom