I am Big, I am Mike
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mikehodson.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Has anyone noticed how many people have digital P&S cameras these days? I have read the statistics that say that they are out selling film camera by 2-1 or 5-1...whatever it is.

I was at a wedding this weekend and about 80% of the cameras were digital. You can always tell because people compose with the viewfinder and hold the camera way out in front of them.

The funny part was that the "hired" photographer was using cameras that must have been at least 30 years old.

It been that way for the late 2-5 years, in the US film market only disposables cameras are holding steady on their sales volume

Yeah and it is visible that many many many.... people don't have any idea about making real photos. They just click and don't care if there is a part of an object or unsharp image. I think that all those small automatic digital cameras should have been called "idiot cams". And, what's more, now only fanatics use "old" cameras like f.i. Zenit.

And that is the difference between profesional, amateur and LAME photography :) :D

mentos_007 said:
I think that all those small automatic digital cameras should have been called "idiot cams".

lol :lol:
well, those people want photos for different reasons. different strokes for different blokes. they do it to timestamp their lives, i think.
but if you would say that there's a common sense of naivete among the automatic people, i would agree to that. it's like tourism that doesn't require traveling

I find the oddest thing - working in a minilab - is people who come in and buy a digital camera - and tell you they don't have a computer! Why bother?

(Then theres the people who ask what sort of film it takes - which i will never stop finding funny)

fadingaway1986 said:
I find the oddest thing - working in a minilab - is people who come in and buy a digital camera - and tell you they don't have a computer! Why bother?

(Then theres the people who ask what sort of film it takes - which i will never stop finding funny)

I think 400 works best in digital P&S :smileys:

Most reactions

Back