What's new

Digital Download Pricing?

Garrett3374

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 17, 2012
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am getting ready to offer digital downloads as another means of my media. I was curious what you guys might suggest for a personal use license fee vs. a commercial use license fee?

I already know the difference between the two but need help or examples of a good price point in each scenario.

Can somebody help shed some light on this area for me.

Thanks.
 
For a personal license fee I would go wtih what your price for an 8x10 is. For me that is the break point where they by a print and would be able to scan it for other uses and have decent quality.

Commercial fees would vary depeding on the use and licensing they want. The more copies they will distribute or more rights to the image you have to give up increases the cost. So it's hard to put a set price on this one.
 
That's what I figured on the personal license. Just a flat rate for what an 8x10 cost.

Commercial licensing is the trickier one.
 
Actually theres not much tricky about commercial licensing. It's priced like Tony S mentioned.

In other words, if you allow one price commercial licensing for your digital downloads, you would likely be leaving some serious money on the table.

Many US photographers that offer commercial licensing use licensing software like fotoQuote Pro to produce a custom license for each customer. fotoQuote ? Stock and Assignment Photography Price Guide
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom