Digital Imaging Question...

foxsgurl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.livejournal.com
I took photography in highschool, but we never really learned about digital imaging...so I have no idea what photo imaging program to get. I am currently using roxio easy media creator 7 and I also have to software that came with my kodak easyshare (which I haven't really looked at very much). Can anyone recomend some software? One of the main things I want to be able to do and I can't do now is color accenting, so a program that can do that would be awesome.

Thanks,
Anna

welcome to the forums!

if you are concerned about money...your best best would be to either get photoshop elements or JASC paint shop pro.

but if money is no object, get photoshop, youll learn to love it, and it will be with you forever.

good luck!
md

You mean adobe photoshop right? I played with it a little in my graphic design class and I had looked at it online, thanks for the suggestions!

-Anna

Just watch the steep learning curve ... I still find myself reaching for the manual to do some basic things after a year, but I agree CS is a great tool.

etaf said:
there are some free programs on the web
THEGIMP is free and they have also hacked a version that will have the same menus etc as photoshop, i have tried it and its very good
I second the GIMP, its very powerful, and because if you try it first and don't like it you aren't out anything.

You mentioned earlier about a graphic design class... if your a student or have a student family member check out one of the online academic discount stores like academicsuperstore.com . The prices are really cheap for students.

Good luck with whatever you get

One software that came with my new G5 is preview. It's basic (read: its FREE!) but it has a lot of capabilities.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back