Dilemma!!

JeffieLove

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Alright... so I have brought myself to a dilemma in purchasing my new camera... I have narrowed it down to 2... I have narrowed it down to these two based on budget...

First one is the Nikon D5000... I like the fact that it has a live view LCD and it flips down to make self-photography easier... I was kind of iffy on how it felt in my hands, and it seemed more difficult to learn than the other camera I am looking at...

The other one is the Canon XSi... It felt better in my hand, seems easier to learn, but doesn't have as many features as the Nikon...

I liked the versatility of the Nikon with the features, and the live view LCD...

Those are honestly where I am sitting with this :/ I am not looking to start a nikon/canon war... I am just sitting on the fence and trying to get help deciding where to go...

I will be buying them on amazon in "kits" and there isn't much of a price difference... I'm not really worried about one being less expensive or not... I just don't know which way to go :/

I started a new thread because I figured since this was like the final question and the original seemed to have died off, it wouldn't hurt to start a new thread...

Thanks ;)

I started a new thread because I figured since this was like the final question and the original seemed to have died off, it wouldn't hurt to start a new thread...

Thanks ;)
When you start multiple threads on the same topic it causes confusion and a waste of bandwidth as people will repeat things already discussed in the previous thread. When you post to the original thread, it bumps it back to the top of the stack and people who previously posted in it will return to it to see what's new. You gain little from starting the same topic over and over again.

Ha. I love it. All my years posting on message boards, I have to say that there is a lack of posting etiquette.

Anyway, if you're between the XSi and the D5000, the D5000 spec wise is better and more up to date. The Canon equivalent to the D5000 is the T1i. You could always wait until the T2i comes out and see what the price drop of the T1i is. I don't know how much longer the XS series will be on the market.

Ha. I love it. All my years posting on message boards, I have to say that there is a lack of posting etiquette.

Anyway, if you're between the XSi and the D5000, the D5000 spec wise is better and more up to date. The Canon equivalent to the D5000 is the T1i. You could always wait until the T2i comes out and see what the price drop of the T1i is. I don't know how much longer the XS series will be on the market.

I did consider the t1i but right now it is a bit above my budget... I want to get my camera ASAP so I can start shooting in the spring... I really wish I had it for this snow storm :/ We've had about 3+ feet of snow in the last 5 days... I keep stealing my mom's camera to take pictures through the windows and she is getting mad :( She won't let me take it out in the snow :( lol

Most reactions

Back