Dimage Scan Dual IV Scanner Problem

cleary71

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has the Dimage Scan Dual IV Scanner and if so do you have any problems with it. I recently purchased one and went back to scan in slides of photos that I took a few years ago. After scanning in a few I noticed that the color was very dark. I called customer service and they told me that the scanner does not support Kodak Ekatchrome slide film. I accepted the answer and moved on. I just returned from vacation and began attempting to scan in my photos and noticed the same problem reoccuring, this time with Fuji Velvia. I am closing in to my boiling point now and was wondering if anyone has any information on this problem/work around. I called customer service, but of course they were closed. Thanks!

What is there to support about slide film? Thats sounds pretty fishy to me.

Are you able to restore the photo after it has been scanned? or are they just too far gone?

I don't know anything about that scanner but I think someone around here has one.

i used tohave one and the only time i would get dark results is when i had the slides upside down.

md

No slide film is unsupported. That is very fishy to me. I think whatever customer service you called it wasn't minolta. I'd hope not. CCD scanners are not good at all with dark slides. Where these slides properly exposed? You did set the source as positive right?

Yes the source is positive and I have even tried scanning the reverse side as well and still the same darkness. I spoke with Minolta and they informed me to increase the exposure control. I did that and it lightened the picture, but the quality and depth of the colors are washed out. The slide looks great through a projector and even when I hold it up to a light, but to no avail when I scan it.

That still doesn't tell me if the slide was properly exposed. Slides will show more detail looking through a lightsource than the scanner will get. why don't you scan one, resize it to 600x400 and post it.

falls.jpg

I think the problem is not with the scanner. There is no direct sunlight and having the sky that blue tells me you went with the meter reading which is about 1 stop (or more) underexposed.

Thanks voodoo, I know I far from a photography expert, but this problem is occuring on every slide I am scanning for 10 rolls of film. Thanks for your input though it is really appreciated.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back