Dimly lit Churches

My grandkids are more than happy to carry around the flash on a pole, (an old monopod). They stay a fixed distance and I move around, if I don't have the monopod along they just hold the flash. I like to do settings for flash and camera ahead of time, a couple test shots.

I have the SB600 and diffuser and the results should be decent even if just pointed up, especially with the D750. That is what I suggest if the event is this weekend.

Well, that was rough. Details coming soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, that was rough. Details coming soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you've got the D750 then set it to manual and then the aperture to f5.6, the shutter speed to 60 and set the auto iso some outrageously high number and you'll be good to go.

Unless they turn what lights there are off.

And it's nighttime with an eclipse.

;)

I don't think I would have been able to pull off a 1/60 shutter speed hand held with all the moving going on. The church ended up being better lit than I expected, but I missed focus on a few shots, had some "videographers" in the way and the spaces where the group went for key parts of the ceremony were very tight and hard to get decent shots.

The family asked me not to share on public forums, but I'll share a picture of the church.
20150517_DSC_0446.jpg

Beautiful church, lighting doesn't look bad, maybe helps that the interior's all white. If this is any indication I imagine the quality of the photos would be fine.

With a D750, you should be fine. I'm forced to shoot in the Catholic church that doesn't even have windows... no flash allowed.
F2.8, ISO 6400, all day!!! I don't even need to bust out my f1.4 in there....

The lighting didn't end up being an issue, for the most part. There were moments where they were near the front door, where there was sunlight peaking through that made things tough...and another behind that large chair in the picture was really dark. But the the majority of the problems were my inexperience to move around and be one step ahead of the action....and I missed a couple focus points. Which sucked.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back