Dinner Dance

mortovismo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
OK the brother in law has roped me into taking pics at his rowing clubs dinner dance. Problem is I don't do people. The closest I get is taking candids of my kids playing in the yard with my 55-250 zoom lens. However this lens is no good for taking group shots of burly rowers as I'll be half way down the ****ing block trying to get them in frame...and its a pretty slow lens.

I have the kit lens 18-55, but its s**t for people photography.

Can anyone suggest a better lens? And the only flash I have is the built in flash....for which i have an inbuilt hatred. So any suggestions for camera settings for naturally lit pictures would be welcome also.

I'm not a people person and right now the thought of this is causing quite a degree of nausea.

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestion and taking the time to respond. :thumbup:

I'll look into rental place's here.

Also a fast prime like a 35 f1.4, 50 f1.4 ,or 85 f1.8 would help. As far as flashes I would stick to the brand name flashes for the main flash like Canon and Nikon.

Also a fast prime like a 35 f1.4, 50 f1.4 ,or 85 f1.8 would help. As far as flashes I would stick to the brand name flashes for the main flash like Canon and Nikon.

Thanks Hardrock :thumbup:

EDIT: Chalk it down :) ....borrowing a flash diffuser, a fast 50mm Prime, and a fast wide angle !

Last edited:
I have a 50mm 1,8 lens to deal with this king of problems.
50mm are fast, inexpensive and sharp when compared with zooms.

Most reactions

Back