What's new

"dirt"

scheffer

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 27, 2005
Messages
70
Reaction score
0
Location
Netherlands, Hulst
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This can be seen everywhere in every major city. A silly guy like me even takes pictures of it....

D.
 

Attachments

  • $IMG_6150.webp
    $IMG_6150.webp
    60.4 KB · Views: 135
I don’t really care for the title but it is a strong shot. Myself, I would have composed the image to show the people at the tables drinking wine and having dinner behind the vagrant.

Eric
 
I also don't like the title. I think the compo needs work. I like Eric's suggestion. Right now, my eyes are drawn to guys standing around the trash can, not the man on the ground.
 
I really like the comp as it seems the photographer is treating the guy in pretty much the same way as the rest of society is. ;)

Before someone else says "this would look good in B&W", I'd just like to say I like it in colour. ;)

I'd like an explanation of the title though!
 
A strong social commentary being made with this shot...tho yes, the title is somewhat degrading...maybe you didn't mean it that way but many ppl will read it and feel you're making a negative statement in regards to the man sleeping on the ground.
In any case I like the shot. :)
 
Ok, I admit the title is perhaps not the best one. The point I'd like to make is that these people sometimes are being treated as dirt. I do not want to claim that I consider this guy being dirt. (Note that I used brackets). Anyway, I tried to change the title as indeed one could easily misinterpret it. I like the comment about moving the shot to the left and get the wine drinking people more in the picture. I remember however that it was very crowded on that square and also people were standing on the left. The shot would have been much stronger in that case.

I apologise for having upset some people. It was not my intention to do so.

Danny
 
scheffer said:
Ok, I admit the title is perhaps not the best one. The point I'd like to make is that these people sometimes are being treated as dirt. I do not want to claim that I consider this guy being dirt. (Note that I used brackets).
Danny

I see, thanks for the explanation. Now I know what you mean.

Eric
 
This is a very strong photo. It is kinda like a couple of photos in one. I agree with Airic about the crop. It would show the "rich" people at the cafe, and the poor man on the ground, and the sad reality that we see every day, but also with not cropping, it shows the ignorance to the homeless man with everyone just going about their everyday. Great work.
 
A.Rotshtein said:
This image not for hanging on the wall this image is to "glue" on the Fu...ing
politicians ugly faces.

from what i can see, the poster is showing how we as a society continue on with our lives without regard to those less fortunate.

please refrain from commenting in a political tone. thank you.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom