Dirty lens article This is awesome stuff to consider.

How about if you have a Schwetty Lens?

OMG I looked and looked and I saw nothing. Then I really looked good again and actually read that is said scratches were not visible. Phew....thought the readers quit on me. :blushing:

That is the weirdest thing Ive ever seen. Very cool indeed. Makes me double-think passing on some lenses on ebay. :lol:

Mark

Borrow Lense had an article similar to this but not as well researched.

Basically moral of the story! Don't bother with filters...

I want to see the same test done again, but this time show the results at each step at every aperture. Then, I want him to destroy one of every lens out there and show it at each aperture at each step, and I want them posted at 100% size.

Then I'll be convinced that keeping my lenses clean and damage free is of little use.

Till then, I'll pass on letting my expensive lenses get trashed, and will keep treating them like they mean something to me.

I want to see the same test done again, but this time show the results at each step at every aperture. Then, I want him to destroy one of every lens out there and show it at each aperture at each step, and I want them posted at 100% size.

Then I'll be convinced that keeping my lenses clean and damage free is of little use.

Till then, I'll pass on letting my expensive lenses get trashed, and will keep treating them like they mean something to me.

Well, I agree that results may be aperture dependent. For me lesson is that non-permanent damage like dust can remain on the lens some time without causing anxiety :) .

Oh good, I don't feel too bad about my Vivitar Series 1, it has a light haze on the rear element and a scratch on the front element

I believe rear element damage is far, far worse than front element damage.

Most reactions

Back