Disposable camera

Marenko_ale

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What a advantage of this cameras. Why is it called-for? Why to buy one good simple hand-held camera and many films with it, it is not better, that to buy disposable cameras every time.

Disposable cameras are great if you don't want to take your expensive camera somewhere. Glastonbury Festival comes to mind.

The market for disposable cameras is Tourists.
They are for instant sales ... if a traveler has no camera, forgot their camera or if their camera is not working, they can cheaply pick up one of these to get a picture.

I use them all the time to document damage for insurance , 3 times within the last month or so.

What a advantage of this cameras. Why is it called-for? Why to buy one good simple hand-held camera and many films with it, it is not better, that to buy disposable cameras every time.

Well let me give you a very typical scenario. You are getting married and along with all the photos that the photographer is going to shoot, you would like to have what the guests, your family and friends capture at the reception. You could ask them to all bring cameras, but that would be a bit presumptuous on your part, you could purchase say 25 point and shoot camera's at a hefty expense, (don't expect to get them back, they will become door prizes) or you could get 25 disposable cameras, leave one on each table and have a box for them to be dropped in. Have the film developed and you have a ton of fun memories plus you have all the negatives if anyone else wants a copy. Much cheaper in the long run and a whole lot of fun.

We did this at my daughters wedding and the photos from the disposable cameras were fun, funny and a great recording of personal interactions among family and friends that a hired photographer would either miss or not think to take.

I would have to think disposable film cameras are on their way out... it's getting to the point to where almost everyone has a cell phone camera any more for those quick snaps.

I bought disposable cameras for my nephews for xmas when they were really young. It was something that they could use as a toy and if they broke, it wasn't the end of the world.

After they filled the roll, I popped the actual cameras open, took out the film, and gave the empty shells back to the kids to continue playing. They loved them.

It was also really interesting to see the pics they took. Photos from a 3 yr old's perspective are amazing.

I've thought about buying one of the underwater ones for fun...Never did end up doing it, but probably will at some point. Sure beats the financial outlay of getting a waterproof rig for my DSLR's...

Kerbouchard said:
I've thought about buying one of the underwater ones for fun...Never did end up doing it, but probably will at some point. Sure beats the financial outlay of getting a waterproof rig for my DSLR's...

Once it warms up enough to get back in the pool, I plan on picking up a couple of those.

The advantage of the disposable camera is that it gives the world more trash -- something that is desperately needed during this trash shortage.

Most reactions

Back