Divotees waiting to have darshan......

jkzo

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Devotees waiting in the premises of a temple for their turn to have darshan......
DSC_0891.JPG

I've noticed that you have some interesting subject material, but your photography does not show what is most interesting. Please try moving closer to your subjects. Try some personal interaction with people to see if you can capture their personalities.

In this queue there are family groups, couples, and singles, any of whom may feel like talking with you, and allowing an informal portrait.

The merchant photo you posted yesterday could be divided into several closer shots showing the merchandise, the shop keeper, the statue, and other interesting aspects.

Then when you write about local customs, (darshan) you could explain what that is for those of us who don't know.

Agree; I think closer would be better. As-is, it's really just a photo of a line of people, and for the rest of us who weren't there, for all we know, they could be standing in line at a cash-point. Would standing at the end of the line (or at least shooting parallel to it) allowed you to capture part of the temple? That might have added significantly to the story.

With respect, it seems to me that you have not thought enough about what you want this picture to show.
We can't see the front of the line that is their goal, we can't see any specific person or couple well enough to get any emotional impact from 'knowing' them, the line isn't shown as long enough for us to get a feeling of real anticipation by a lot of people.
The photographer has to know what he is trying to show, then the photographer needs to figure out how to capture it.
It doesn't have to be really obvious what the exact meaning is but the viewer should be presented enough so the viewer has something to work with.

Sketching artist at the fair in Dundalk MD Photography Forum

Thanks for your valuable feedback.......

Most reactions

New Topics

Back