DIY Lightbox Shot, Lighting C&C appreciated

ViceOfFire

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys, I just made a lightbox in about half an hour with the tutorial from strobist. This is one of my first shots with it just to test it out. The photo is boring, of course, it's just a test. Lighting C&C would be greatly appreciated. Taken with a single SB-26 in slave mode and the on camera flash offset to fire the SB. I really cannot wait till I can afford another flash.

glassandlimecopy.jpg

setup:
DSC_0118.jpg

The image seems slightly underexposed. The lighting itself is nicely diffused with very soft shadows.

Do you mean you have a Speedlite on camera but aimed at the second flash to trigger it? Are you planning to get some radio triggers?

Speedlites on both sides of the light box will illuminate the inside nicely.

Did you consider using work lights? I've seen DIY light boxes with those cheap work lights you can get at Home Depot and they seem to work fine.

i think a soft top light on this would look great....im thinking just something softer that the side light to just subtley change it

More light...I think this would benefit from either a brighter light source or from added light from the left and top.

Yet another boring test shot, difference is that I got another SB-26 today! My girlfriend was kind enough to buy it for me, actually.

Thanks for the advice too, guys.

Rose.jpg

Needs a little more light from the front for this particular shot...or move the 2 Speedlites towards the front of the box...or put the rose deeper into the box. Nice soft even light from the sides.

This is much better...exposure amount will be a matter of opinion of course, but I think it could be increased to show more detail to the front of the rose.
I would crop it down just to make the file smaller. Alot of wasted space at the top of this version.

Most reactions

Back