Do any of you have any advice on programs to burn to cd

crystalview

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have Nero right now and its nothing but a pain in the a**. I cant put more than 90 images on a disc, it hard to navigate to the photos for people who dont know cpu's very well, and so on and so on....

Can anyone give me any advice on a cheap (or free [trials are fine] burning program so that I can easily burn my photos to a CD or preferebly a DVD? Let me know ifyou have an suggestions

Thanks!

I was going to suggest Nero, so I'm no help :p You can drag and drop stuff into Nero. I never though it was that hard to use, and I've never had a problem.

I know what you mean with Nero. I have used it in the past with no problem, but I got a newer program, "nero smartstart"??? and it completely sucks. Maybe i haven't looked into it enough, but I just want a quick fix. I dont want to have to mess around with a bunch of settings changes and whatever else.

I've never seen nero smartstart. Are you sure it's not just some "quick start" thing that supposedly makes thigns easier, but actually makes them harder?

Maybe you can use Nero the way you used to be turning off this "wizard" type thing, if that's infact what it is.

Yeah I wanted to suggest nero too, but...
I like the overburning there - it never crashed my cd

BAH to Nero Startsmart... i think its for people who have never done it before... i have it too and can't be bothered... usually i just navigate past it to the "Nero burning ROM" and go from there... way faster.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I think I may need to navigate the nero program a little more to get past that "smartstart" part.

Green, is there any easy way of getting past that part? I'm sure I can figure it out, but I wouldn't mind a little advice. Some of the easiest things can be complicated sometimes.

Later on! thanks everyone. Any other programs or suggestions....let me know.

I use burn at once. It seems to be a little less drive specific than Nero. It's my understanding that Nero's software is very specific for various CD writers.

Nero 5.5 is the easiest way.
To lessen the confusion copy of all the pics you want to burn in a single folder.(It is much easier to find your pics outside of the Nero program.) Then open Nero, browse to that folder, click and drag a selection box around all of the pics and move them to the left side. You could also just drag the folder over for even less confusion if you do not mind all of your pics being in it on the disk.

Sounds good, I haven't had time to mess around with my nero again, but ill investigate. The problem I was having was with "smartstart" or whatever that is, it only lets 90 or 99, I cant remember, file names on one project. I was pulling the files from a specific folder and since the folder is over 90-99 files, i get a warning message and it only burns the acceptable max file count.

Thanks!

Most reactions

Back