What's new

Do I need a new....

Tami

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 30, 2010
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Location
Oregon
Hello all,

I am not sure where I am at....

I shoot with a Nikon D200 and love it.... as of late it is just not up to par, some blur on the left side

do I need a new camara??? oh no what camera do I move to, I love my D200 and I have not been able to find a new one

or maybe it just needs a tune up?? however since I shoot sports often 900 shots in a weekend during Rugby season (almost 6 months long) What is a person to do... any suggestions?
 
Welcome to the forum.

Can you show us an example of the problem?
 
Thank you for the warm welcome..

I will try to post the problem

OK guess I guess not I do not know how to attach a pic??
 
Hello all,

I am not sure where I am at....

I shoot with a Nikon D200 and love it.... as of late it is just not up to par, some blur on the left side

do I need a new camara??? oh no what camera do I move to, I love my D200 and I have not been able to find a new one

or maybe it just needs a tune up?? however since I shoot sports often 900 shots in a weekend during Rugby season (almost 6 months long) What is a person to do... any suggestions?
Do all of your lenses have some blur on the left side?

If you only have one lens I would suspet the lens before I would suspect the D200.

Are you familiar with the basics of how the auto focus module operates? It is in the bottom of the camera. There is a secondary mirror behind the main mirror, and a window in the back bottom of the mirror box.

If the secondary mirror, or the AF module window get dirty, auto focus can start doing odd things.

Routine maintanence is definately needed when making 1000 images a week, and your D200 may be overdue for a routine visit to the shop for cleaning, lubrication, and re-calibration.

http://www.nikonusa.com/Service-And-Support/Service-And-Repair.page

Authorized Nikon service shops (including lenses):

Associated Camera Repair Inc.
3401 N.E. Sandy Blvd.
Portland, OR 97232
503-232-5625
Fax: 503-236-2421

Authorized Camera Service
21250 Califa St., Suite 110
Woodland Hills, CA 91367
818-340-0582
Fax: 818-340-0586

Pro Camera Service Inc.
710 E. Thousand Oaks Blvd.
Thousand Oaks, CA 91360
805-497-7240
805-497-0826
 
Last edited:
Thank you for the tip's I am sure it is time for a tune up- it is not the lens it is the camara :confused:

but is it worth the check up? I do my cleaning reg. and it was like it happened over night... one day it did not do this and the next it does it all the time

I looked today again hoping that I could find a new D200 that has been hiding but I had not luck...

does anybody have the D300? how do you like it?
 
does anybody have the D300? how do you like it?
Lots of people have the D300.

I had 4 of them. I'm down to 2 now, because I replaced 2 of them with D3's.

The D300 will feel just like your D200 and the button layout is essentially the same all the way up the model line.

The D300 image sensor is an upgrade in ISO and image quality, as is the AF module having 51 focus points, 15 of them cross-type points.

The D300 has a higher fps rate, valuable for sports.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom