Do I risk it?

Its a wildlife centre which focuses mainly on the captive breeding of its stock animals. They are a small setup and not really setup to take in injured animals. So yes most of the animals in their care are in their permenantly or are moved around to other wildilfe centers for breeding.
Its not a very big place at all but it is very good for photographers since most of the pens have no outer barrier so you can get your lens right up to the bars (barring the wildcat pen) and with the exception of the smaller animals (like squirrels) most of the bars are wide enough to get shots without bar effect. They do a feed and talk every half hour (a different animal each time with a few repeats in the evening) which can be a great time to get some shots of otters and foxes as they come out of hiding for the food. In the evenings they will also do a larger main meal for many of the animals and that is another chance at some shots.
As for lenses my 70-200mm with a 1.4TC is generally long enough for most things at the centre - though longer lenses are still very usable if you want
If you want an idea its also where LP gets many of his otter and fox shots from as well.

hmm I know that they open from March and that falls on sunday - though I don't know if they are opening this weekend (LP might know). However since as I was leaving last time I overheard that the catering girls would be back nextweekend so I will assume that they will be open.

Most reactions

Back