Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
...ok, so I was looking over a little pamphlet thingy that I found about "Identity theft, protecting and preventing", and it had a little blurb about marketing and promotional lists. One thing it lists is a website to help reduce unsolicited emails...it's kinda like the 'do not call' list. I only just registered, so I'm not sure yet how effective it is, but it's worth a shot!

Here's the website:

http://www.dmaconsumers.org/offemaillist.html

I don't think most spammers will honor this. I guess it's worth a try. Thanks for posting it.

fredcwdoc said:
I don't think most spammers will honor this. I guess it's worth a try. Thanks for posting it.

That's why it says "help reduce' not 'eliminate'. This should at least help get off some lists that, though still annoying, are legit.

Actually some spammers set up sites like this and then you put your email in you are giving them an email to spam because they know for sure that someone is at that address.

A lot of the major spammers wouldn't care about stuff like this either. They're in it for the money.

darin3200 said:
Actually some spammers set up sites like this and then you put your email in you are giving them an email to spam because they know for sure that someone is at that address.

A lot of the major spammers wouldn't care about stuff like this either. They're in it for the money.

This isn't from a spammer. It is from an identity theft pamphlet my bank gave me.

well.
thnx for the info and for the site..

i will check it out!

Just recieved a pm from someone saying that since signing up, they've been recieving about 90% less spam.

I'm still getting spam, but not AS much.

I think it depends on what kind of spam lists you are on in the first place. Definitely worth a shot!

Yeah...I get MORE than 120. :roll: But the reason I do is because of entering online sweepstakes...I rarely do it now, but did for a while when a friend got me into the hobby....and at the time, I had only just gotten my gmail account, and since I knew I'd get spam, I used it. Well...I ended up really LIKING my gmail, so I use it for everything now! :lol:

Most reactions

Back