Do these do anything for anyone?

Polyphony

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit

I know the first one is too dark. I can work on that later. I'm just throwing these out there to ask if they are worth working on. What are your opinions? Thanks.

Just realized I posted the wrong second image. Fixed now.

I like the second one, but I'd crop some off the left... and maybe the right... I like the composition of these though, good job. The contrast is nice too. :)

I like the second one, but I'd crop some off the left... and maybe the right... I like the composition of these though, good job. The contrast is nice too. :)
You're right, I should crop some of the sides. Definitely the excess ocean on the right and maybe the sailboats on the left.

Same for me with the crop on the 2nd image. Looks great otherwise.

1st image is a bit dark in the shadow areas and looks a bit more touristy than artsy. Too much sky as well.

Not so much. Both have their horizons centerd.... not as much in #2, but close enough for government work.

#1 is under exposed... look to the right of Lady Liberty

#2 the main subject (tugboat) is underexposed and lacking detail while the rest of the image seems okay.

Not so much. Both have their horizons centerd.... not as much in #2, but close enough for government work.

#1 is under exposed... look to the right of Lady Liberty

#2 the main subject (tugboat) is underexposed and lacking detail while the rest of the image seems okay.
I am aware of the issues that you mentioned in regards to the technical aspects of the photos (underexposure). My concern is with the composition and subject of both images. Aside from the technical errors which can be fixed, does either image work for you? (Not you specifically, anyone in general)

Regarding the horizon: in the first image I had already cropped out a bunch of sky so there wasn't much I could do. In the second one I cropped a bunch of water in the foreground. Obviously if I had gotten the images correct when they were taken I wouldn't have that problem.

Thanks for the comments.

NICE SNAPSHOTS BRO :thumbup:

Snapshot: Now that's funny!

Here's my take of this photo:

LadyLiberty.jpg

Snapshot: Now that's funny!

Here's my take of this photo:

LadyLiberty.jpg
I like that. I know it had to be lightened, I was asking more about the subjects and composition. I started working on it and then asked myself if it was even worth it.

if you had an apple with a staw n you poked the apple though wit it and a pebbl hadnt dropped through itd stop straw insid the apple because gravity cant apple

Most reactions

New Topics

Back