Do they all shoot Canon? Quick Question

TJ K

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok so I was watching the weigh-ins last night for the UFC fight tonight and when they would film the crowd it was mostly press and a lot of photographers and all of them seemed to have white canon lenses. I shoot Nikon but I was wondering why so many of them are shooting canon. I might have seen 1 Nikon and it might have just been a black canon L lens ha. Anyone here can tell me why and please no canon is the best just is it because they are more affordable or something? Thanks
tj

Canon is cheaper price wise with just as good lenses (for the most part..;)).

Mark

It seems like they have longer focal lengths available easier than Nikon does.

canon was the first to bring out those longer lenses with a 2.8fstop

Nikon is gaining in market share. Canon dominated the professional camera market for a few years with its 1D and 5D bodies. Nikon fired back with extremely competitive bodies and is now actually selling more bodies over $4k than Canon is.

Canon just announced their new 1D4 body which *might* stop the bleeding and give them the edge again, only time will tell.

Hopefully you're not considering switching brands just because of what the pros used at a fight you attended. :)

Canon is cheaper price wise with just as good lenses (for the most part..;)).

Mark
Canon's bodies are about the same price, the lenses can be quite a bit cheaper for the same focal length. Other lenses are competitively priced.

Canon's super telephoto lenses are very popular too, but they certainly aren't cheap... not unless you think $5k go $10k for a lens is cheap. :D

Nikon is gaining in market share. Canon dominated the professional camera market for a few years with its 1D and 5D bodies. Nikon fired back with extremely competitive bodies and is now actually selling more bodies over $4k than Canon is.

Canon just announced their new 1D4 body which *might* stop the bleeding and give them the edge again, only time will tell.

Hopefully you're not considering switching brands just because of what the pros used at a fight you attended. :)

No that isn't it, it's just that as I begin to get better lenses it seems like the prices on canons always seem to be a bit cheaper and i'm sure the quality is just as great. That is my main issue because I don't want to go get 3rd party lenses. I'm happy with my Nikon as of now. I just checked and the canon 70-200 is only 100 dollars cheaper and that is the next lens that I really want to get.

Shoot with both. Hell, if you want to get a canon to.. Get a Canon. You don't have to " pick sides". I have a Chevy Suburban, and a Ford F250 King Ranch, lol.. Its like the Canon vs Nikon thing is like Bloods vs Crips lol

Why would you need a lens that big to get a picture of the back of a guys head that is 8 inches in front of you?:lmao:

Why would you need a lens that big to get a picture of the back of a guys head that is 8 inches in front of you?:lmao:

To count all the hairs off course! :lmao:

And I would love to own both companies but that would mean a lot more money on lenses than just one brand. I just have a silverado 3 quarter ton right now but might get a dodge mega cab:lol: If Nikon was a gang would it be a blood or a crip? lol

I wouldnt do both. That means double money and double equipment to carry around.

Just a thought.
Mark

I had no idea which to pick. I just flipped a coin. ......well I didn't really. Canon was a name that stuck out more for me, from what I thought I new, so I picked them.

I don't own much, but I would be scared to switch to Nikon (or visa-versa) because what I do have won't work any longer.

well, there is also the fact they work in different directions; i.e. when manual metering the + and - options move in opposite directions, which when changing back and forth between systems could be a huge issue.

Really, at the high end, who cares the important thing, are you getting the shoot, not which system

Most reactions

Back